The Department of the History of Science is honored to invite applications for the Michael Ruby History of Physics Endowed Scholarship. The scholarship is made possible by Michael G. Ruby, a 1962 OU Engineering Physics graduate who wishes to express his appreciation for the University and his passion for the history of science through the establishment of a scholarship. It is his hope that the scholarship will encourage and support students in their study of the history of science.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
• Must be a full-time, regularly enrolled student at The University of Oklahoma.
• Must be enrolled as a major in the History of Science, in Physics and Astronomy, or in Engineering Physics.
• Must have a minimum 3.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
• Is not an immediate family member of the donor.
First preference: Students enrolled in a double major: A major in the History of Science and in Astrophysics, Astronomy, Phtysics or Engineering Physics.
Second preference: Students enrolled:
• majoring in History of Science and minoring in Physics or in Astronomy; or
• majoring in Physics, Astrophysics, or Astronomy and minoring in History of Science; or
• majoring in Engineering Physics and minoring in History of Science.
To apply, please visit the OU CASH scholarship application site:
http://ou.edu/scholarships/. Applications are open October 1.
For a 30-second instructional video about CASH, here is a YouTube link: https://youtu.be/zqlY8ALpzwU.
Application deadline is February 1.
If you have questions about the scholarship, please contact Stella Graves Stuart at firstname.lastname@example.org.