All HES and pre-HES students are required to be advised prior to fall, spring and summer terms by departmental advisors. HES also encourages students to expand their network of advisors and balance multiple sources of advice so that they can position themselves not only to make highly informed choices while here, but also to develop valuable relationships with advisors and mentors that may enrich their lives for years to come.
Students may schedule individual 30-minute appointments with their HES undergraduate advisor, using iAdvise. Students with last names A-M are advised by Megan Denney and students with last names N-Z are advised by Kati Miller.
If you do not see any available appointments in iAdvise, then you can either check back after a few days or contact your specific advisor. The HES departmental advisors will have their availability displayed in two-week increments in iAdvise.
Since enrollment windows open based upon classification, scheduled appointments will also be based upon classification as follows:
- Seniors (90 hours and above)
- Juniors (60-89 hours)
- Sophomores (24-59 hours)
Follow the steps below to prepare for advisement:
1. Make an appointment with your designated academic advisor in iAdvise.
2. Log on to Degree Navigator (DN). A link to DN is located on OZONE under the ‘Academics’ tab.
3. Review your degree audit and plan your schedule.
4. Bring a list of the courses you plan to take and any questions to your advising appointment.
5. Get advised.
6. Register for classes for the upcoming term when your enrollment window opens.