The DeGolyer Graduate Fellowship in History of Science was established with an endowment in the name of Everette L. DeGolyer to provide Graduate Travel Fellowships in the Department of the History of Science. Funds will be awarded to graduate students in the department who attend professional meetings to deliver a paper or presentation or who travel to libraries or archives to conduct research for theses or dissertations.
Applicants for these funds must be graduate students in good standing in the Department of the History of Science.
Application Deadline: October 1
The DeGolyer Fellowship is designed to supplement rather than replace travel funding from other sources. Prior to submitting an application, students should submit applications to other funding sources [e.g. the OU Graduate College Robberson Conference Presentation Travel Grant Program, the OU Graduate College Robberson Research Grant Program, the Neustadt and Puterbaugh Student Research Grant Programs, the Graduate Student Senate Conference/Creative Exhibition Grant and Research Grant Programs, and/or externally-funded travel grant programs. Alumni Fellows are not excluded from consideration, but are expected to use travel support associated with the Alumni Fellowship as a primary source of funding.
A complete application will consist of two copies of:
- The DeGolyer Fellowship application cover sheet,
- All applications submitted to other funding agencies for support of the designated travel and the disposition of those applications,
- A complete budget that shows the anticipated costs of travel and the sources of funding obtained or anticipated.
Applications will be reviewed within two weeks of the deadline.
In general, preference will be given to:
- Students whose research is directed toward the completion of a thesis, dissertation or a manuscript to be submitted for publication.
- Students traveling to a conference or meeting to deliver a paper.
- Students demonstrating more extensive pursuit of non-departmental funding.
Download the application instructions and form.