I woke up sick and cannot teach today. Whom should I contact?
What should I do if I have to cancel class due to illness?
- Contact First-Year Composition, email your students to notify them, and post an alternative assignment to Canvas
I am sick, but would like to find a substitute to cover my classes. Whom should I contact?
Whom do I contact if I substituted for a colleague’s class?
- Sara Knight. (Inform her of the time, date, and section that you substituted.)
Whom do I contact if I have a student who missed several classes in a row?
- Compass (and possibly University College for first-year students). For more information, consult our OU BIT/Compass policy.
My classroom does not have any technology and I am concerned about how this will affect my teaching. Whom do I talk to?
Where do I go to print out syllabi for my classes?
- You can print class materials in the FYC Workroom (Rm 430A). Since the syllabus is such a large document, consider posting it to Canvas for your students rather than printing. For more information, please consult our printing policy.
How many print copies can I make per class each semester?
Whom should I talk to about my teaching schedule?
Whom should I talk to if I have a student who plagiarized?
My doc cam is not working in my classroom. Whom should I talk to?
Whom should I contact about payroll questions?
I have a student who is acting out of character and seems depressed. Whom do I contact?
- OU BIT/Compass network and FYC. For more information, consult our OU BIT/Compass policy.
Whom do I contact if I am behind on my grading?
A student sent me a threatening email. What do I do?
I want to teach only one class in the coming semester. Whom do I contact?
I accidentally locked my keys in my office. Whom do I contact?
I am going to a conference and need to find out how to get reimbursed. Whom do I contact?
I am feeling overwhelmed with teaching and other duties. I have not had any problems yet but am worried I will get behind on my teaching work. Whom should I contact?
OU had a snow day and my class schedule is now off. What should I do?
- Adjust your unit calendar. Tell students during classes and highlight important changes. Post the revised calendar on Canvas.
Whom do I contact with questions about my health insurance?
Where do I go to look up my official course roster?
Whom do I talk to if I have questions about Canvas?
Return to top of page.