Current Research Projects
- Early villages (pit structure sites) in the Mimbres region – numbers of people, amount of sedentism, and ritual
- Mimbres puebloan sites – the transition from pit structures to pueblos, family structure across the transition, Mimbres pottery, interaction with Mesoamerica
- San Simon region of southeastern Arizona – early depopulation, social relationships with Hohokam and Mimbres, role of area in southern Southwest
- Southern and Western Mimbres regions – relationship to Mimbres Valley and other Mimbres regions; settlement patterns and Western Mimbres pottery
Mimbres Society. Edited by Valli S. Powell-Marti and Patricia A. Gilman. University of Arizona Press.
"Substantial Structures, Few People, and the Question of Early Villages in the Mimbres Valley of the North American Southwest." Becoming Villagers: Comparing Early Village Societies. Edited by Matthew S. Bandy and Jake R. Fox. pp.119-139. University of Arizona Press.
Recent Projects Available to Graduate Students
- Mimbres pottery
- Early villages in the southwestern United States
- Pit structure to pueblo transition
- Mobility and sedentism
- Social relationships across the southern Southwest