This funding source will be used for events held during Arts & Sciences Week, scheduled for February 27 - March 3, 2017. Funds may cover expenses for speakers including airfare, meals, hotel accommodations, and honorariums. Funds may also be used to cover supplies needed for other events, as well as printing and advertising costs.
Arts & Sciences week is intended to highlight the remarkable variety of people and programs that make up the College of Arts & Sciences to all students across campus. We encourage all of our departments to hold events that highlight the programs and offerings they provide that week.
Arts & Sciences Week Funding Request Form
NOTE TO MAC USERS: There is a known problem of compatibility between Preview (the default program for viewing PDF on the Mac operating system) and Acrobat forms. PDF forms filled out in Preview do not display all form data when opened in Adobe Acrobat Reader. You MUST use Adobe Acrobat Reader to fill out forms when using a Mac computer. For more information, visit our Mac Users page.
All units of the College of Arts and Sciences are eligible to submit proposals for events held during Arts & Sciences Week, February 27 - March 3, 2017.
NOTE: Awardees must contact the dean's office for official wording to be included on all promotional materials.
Funding requests will be accepted on a rolling basis. Requests for funding must be received no later than Jan. 31, 2017 for events held during Arts & Sciences Week in 2017.
Prepare a brief proposal to include the following:
- Complete the Arts & Sciences Week Funding Request Form.
- Attach a one-two page narrative that includes a description of the proposed activities involving students and faculty, and the benefits of funding.
- Submit the printed Arts & Sciences Week Funding Request Form and supporting documentation to the academic unit’s chair/director for approval.
- Submit the printed signed original of the Arts & Sciences Week Funding Request Form and supporting documentation to: College of Arts & Sciences Dean’s Office, Ellison Hall, 633 Elm Avenue, Attention: Sharon Alexander
- The academic unit can submit a request for reimbursement via email to Daniel Fryar, Director of Budget and Financial Analysis in the CAS Office attaching the approved Arts and Sciences Week Funding Request Form. CAS will reimburse for only the actual expenditures up to the approved amount for the approved dates. Approved funds will be available to each unit for a maximum of six months after the event/project.
For more information, contact Sharon Alexander at (405) 325-6201 or firstname.lastname@example.org.