Ph.D. University of California-Berkeley, 2002
Office: 505B DHT
Phone: (405) 325-4457
Dr. Klein will be Faculty-in-Residence at OU's study center in Rio de Janeiro for the 2016-17 academic year. She can be reached by email. To follow what the faculty and students are doing in Brazil, see her blog: OU in Brazil - 2 Anthropologists Teaching in Rio.
- Fall 2016 courses in Rio: "Modern" Brazil; Cross-Cultural Study of Sex, Gender, & Sexuality
- Spring 2017 courses in Rio: "Modern" Brazil; Race & Ethnicity in Brazil
Ethnicity, Race, and Identity; Transnationalism & Diaspora; Urban Anthropology; Gender and Sexuality; Brazil; Latin America; Jewish Diaspora; Medical Anthropology; Anthropology of Work; Anthropology of Food; Applied Anthropology; Qualitative Methods.
Kosher Feijoada and Other Paradoxes of Jewish Life in São Paulo. University Press of Florida, 2012.
Klein, Misha. 2014. “Teaching about Jewishness in the Heartland.” Special issue of Shofar, edited by Alan Levinson, 32(4): 89-104.
Klein, Misha. 2014. “Anthropology,” in The Routledge Handbook of Contemporary Jewish Cultures, Laurence Roth and Nadia Valman, eds. Pp. 17-34. London: Routledge.
Klein, Misha, Douglas Vanderbilt, and Kathleen Kendall-Tackett. 2014. “PTSD and Breastfeeding: Let It Flow.” ICAN: Infant, Child, and Adolescent Nutrition 20(10): 211-215.
Klein, Misha. 2010. “Brazil” lemma for the Encyclopedia of Jews in the Islamic World, Norman A. Stillman, Editor. Leiden, The Netherlands: Brill, vol. 1: 494-498.
Klein, Misha. 2004. “‘Afro-Ashkenazim’ e Outras Experiências com Identidade,” In Experiência Cultural Judaica no Brasil: Recepção, Inclusão e Ambivalência, Monica Grin and Nelson Vieira, eds., Rio de Janeiro: Editora Topbooks, pp. 249-271.
- ANTH 4843/5843 Cross-Cultural Study of Sex, Gender, and Sexuality
- ANTH 4633 Cultures of Latin America
- ANTH 4073 Anthropology of Jews and Jewishness
- ANTH 4623 Anthropology of Globalization
- ANTH 5803 Theories of Identity
- ANTH 5123 Contemporary Cultural Theory
- ANTH 5223 Foundations of Social Theory
- ANTH 2203 Global Cultural Diversity (formerly, Peoples of the World)
- ANTH 5693 Thesis and Dissertation Writing
- ANTH 4113 Capstone (for graduating seniors in Anthropology)
- ANTH 2243 Introduction to Sociocultural Anthropology